Do you want to join a fast-paced growing company?
ABC Insights, located in Chapel Hill, North Carolina is a data-driven tech company that works in the Higher Ed space. Through our approach we work collaboratively with our members to ensure that they are making data-driven decisions across their campuses that impact the effectiveness and efficiency of their people. By providing members actionable data along with our ABC Insights benchmarking platform, we are providing the tools needed to do more with less and save millions along the way.
We are seeking an energetic, self-motivated Business Intelligence (BI) Engineer with a natural inclination for empirical research and answering questions with data. As a BI Engineer you will be responsible for designing, building and testing our reporting platform with a focus on data modeling and manipulation to create concise data sets for our business intelligence and data science tools.
Key Accountabilities & Responsibilities
- Support the process of data discovery by exploring and cultivating data sets and dashboard solutions
- Assist research and analysis efforts to find the latest techniques and cutting-edge dashboard solutions to key business questions
- Conceptualize problems, apply appropriate theory, explore approaches, simulate, and implement solutions
- Establish and enhance predictive & prescriptive statistical models
- Support tasks such as data validation, performance tuning and facilitate end user testing on designed reports, dashboards and statistical models
- Create functional/technical specifications to document design approach
- Act as the liaison in supporting ongoing production operations, maintaining and modifying supplied solutions
- Collaborate with other teams to gather data and proactively seek and locate data, including outside benchmarks or comparative data, to support or refute proposed decisions
- Develop tools to automate and streamline maintenance and development efforts
- Attend industry networking events and industry-relevant conferences
- Demonstrate excellent communication skills in order to present and explain findings and solutions
Great to have
- A minimum of 2 years of experience as a Tableau BI developer
- A minimum of 2 years of experience with relational database, SQL, Amazon Redshift / PostgreSQL (or similar)
- Experience in leveraging R, Python, SAS or similar tools to perform complex statistical analysis a plus
- Demonstrable ability to communicate, present and influence key stakeholders at all levels of an organization, including executive
- Ability to work effectively on multiple priorities with firm deliverable dates
- Proven ability to maintain sharp attention to detail as well as focus on the big picture items
- A positive attitude, a forward thinking outlook on life and a desire to make an impact
Nice to have
- Ability to tell stories with data using data visualization software Tableau, Excel, R, Python, or similar.
- Prior experience in manipulating and analyzing complex, high-volume, high dimensionality data from various sources
- Analytical approach and the ability to work independently as well as collaboratively
- Knowledge of University administrative organization, policies, procedures, and practices for institutional research-oriented roles
ABC Insights offers employees a competitive salary along with paid time off, healthcare, vision, dental, 401(k) w/ company match, WFH flexibility, snacks, and fun and collaborative work environment.
ABC Insights is an equal opportunity employer all qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.